Musings of Navigating The Finite remainder of life from Porchville, with the hope of a glimpse of The Infinite

Monday, May 9, 2011

Google Doodle, 76th Birthday of Roger Hargreaves

Little Miss Sunshine
Today's Google Doodle is commemorating the 76th anniversary of Roger Hargreaves, the late British author and illustrator of children's books.  The doodle is a bit more creative than yesterday's plain jane for mother's day.  It is not animated.  You can read more about Hargreaves at:

Wikipedia, Roger Hargreaves

Edit 5-9-11:  I didn't realize when I first wrote this but Google has a number of different Doodles up for Hargreaves.  I don't recall of Google ever having multiple Doodles before.  I found 16 different Doodles, each featuring a different character:

Little Miss Chatterbox







Little Miss Curious








Little Miss Magic








Little Miss Naughty








Little Miss Shy







Little Miss Tiny






Mr. Bump








Mr. Dizzy







Mr. Forgetful




Mr. Funny








Mr. Happy







Mr. Messy








Mr. Rush







Mr. Slow








Mr. Tickle

































Back To The Union RR

The Hillside Week 3
I returned to the Union Railroad yesterday and got another picture of the hill side for comparison to the previous two weeks.  The roundhouse turntable is in the same position as last week.  My brother-in-law, the naturalist, and I took a walk into the woods but were pressed for time so I did not take any pictures except for this trillium..  I am always amazed walking with my brother-in-law.  He called out at least 20 different species of bird calls, and, guessing, 50 species of wildflowers, various ferns, and herbaceous plants.  It was a lovely walk, I wished we had more time for pictures.


The roundhouse turntable is in the same position as last week.

 












Trillium

2 comments:

  1. I like that Trillium 3 petaled affair. Gorgeously simple. I wonder if I could grow them here. Maybe they wouldn't make the winter, in all likelihood.
    Do you have any in your yard ?
    The turntable probably isn't used anymore, but likely could be returned to use with little effort.
    Things look almost in full leaf there...

    Did you ever get email notification when someone posts to your blog??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen trillium in anyone's yard. They grow only on deep wooded hillsides. Not saying it can't be done, just never seen any. They can cover an entire hillside and make it look like snow. The deer have done a lot of damage to them as of late.

    Some things are out in full, some have hardly started. We have quite a mixture of hardwoods here. The basswoods look like it is November. The maples are in full leaf throwing off keys. Oaks about half way.

    I did get the email thing working and it is how I found this comment. I missed it on Stat Counter.

    ReplyDelete